Having breastfeeding problems or a challenging situation that may require extra care to breastfeed? Then here are some helpful breastfeeding tips for you! Problems can happen to all of us. Sometimes we encounter circumstances or challenges that need a little extra care.
As wonderful as it can be, difficulties or challenges are not totally uncommon but we don’t want you to give up! While the first days/months of breastfeeding can have its challenges, it really is what is best for your baby and for you as well!
The best thing to do in these cases is find a supportive friend or lactation consultant that can help you through the hard times. The benefits of nursing your children far outweigh the challenges that we mommies sometimes face in the process.
We have put together some resources that may help.
Common Issues, Complications and Breastfeeding Problems:
Here are some common issues that mother’s might face and some suggestions on how to deal with them.
Medical Issues for Moms:
- Plugged or Clogged Milk Duct
- Breast Infection Symptoms
- Breast Engorgement
- Milk Blister (usually a white spot on your nipple)
- Tuberous Breasts
- Leaking Breasts
- Skincare Issues
- Stretch Mark Removal Options
- Finding Birth control while Breastfeeding
- Best Nipple Cream for Breastfeeding Moms with Sore Nipples
- Do You Need a Wet Nurse?
Milk Supply Issues:
- Too Much Milk (Oversupply)
- Drop in Supply
- What if I Need a Wet Nurse?
- Adoptive Moms Can Produce Milk too!
Stages of Development:
- Surviving Growth Spurts
- Nipple Confusion
- Nursing Strikes (No…it is NOT your baby trying to wean!)
- Stop Baby from Biting while Breastfeeding
- Getting your baby to take a bottle once in a while!
- Getting Baby to Sleep through the Night (FINALLY get a good night’s sleep!)
- Getting your milk back! – Yes you often can!
- Is it Time to Start Solid Food?
- Baby Led Weaning – How to know when
- What Kind of Nursing Schedule is Normal?
Medical Issues for Babies:
- Infant Acid Reflux
- Lactose Intolerance?
- Spitting Up and Acid Reflux
- Surviving Colic
- How to know if your baby needs supplements of vitamin D
- Breastmilk Jaundice & Your Newborn – What Every Mother Should Know
- Handling Criticism
- Find a Breastfeeding Bra That Fits
- Finding Plus Size Breastfeeding Bras
- Tips and Tricks to Calm a Fussy Baby
- Tips for Breastfeeding in Public
Has your issue not been addressed here? We have a whole section of questions and answers from moms just like you. Click here to see if your questions or concern might appear there.